How I tripled traffic to my site with a TINY amount of SEO
My site Logoshi.com is in a very crowded space: logo generating services.
I wanted more traffic to my site so I could make more money, but the cost and performance of ad networks like Google AdSense and Facebook Ads didn’t make economical sense.
Before and after I added a very important phrase to my homepage.
How can I get more traffic to my site for free? The answer is SEO.
- Look in Google Analytics at the queries and keywords that people search for before they arrive at your site.
- Go down to the bottom of the list and look for words and phrases for which your site is ranking low and where you think you should be higher in the search results.
- Choose one or two of these phrases and add them to your page title, meta description and h1, h2, or content of the page.
- Go to Google Webmasters ("Search Console") and request Google to reindex the page you just updated with the new keywords.
- Monitor results and adjust as necessary.
Some tips for improving your site’s SEO:
What YOU think are the best keywords for your page may not be the best keywords. Think about what your potential customer is searching for. Your customers are likely searching for a solution to their problems, not the name or description of your product.
There’s Room For Improvement. Try different keywords!
Your likely have different customer segments. In my industry, there are people looking for logos for their online shopify store. Other people are looking for a logo for their business card. Some customers want a logo for their youtube gaming channel. Very different audiences. You should build landing pages for each audience segment. Look at the long tail queries in the search console and see what people are searching for. Run a survey on your site to find out how exactly your customers are using your product or service. Build landing pages for each using queries and phrases found in the search console. Check your incoming links for clues too. Twitter is good place to see what words people use when they mention your product in "natural" language.
Now, how do I get more of that organic search engine traffic to convert into sales? Read my next blog post...February 19 2017